Monday, February 15, 2016

3 Years Old

I know I say it a lot, but I love Rockwell. He is easy-going, fun, mischievous, and a tad bit of a sensitive boy. He is growing into such a big boy. I pretend he is still my baby, but it is getting harder and harder. He is on the verge of being potty trained. He is so ready but is very frighten of the porcelain throne. 

He loves Daisy. She is his best friend. I hope they always are good friends.



I was looking at my phone one day when I caught a glance of Daisy's old swim suit. When I looked a bit closer, it was Rocky. I just laughed! Only when you have big sister do you get to wear a girls swimmy.


Rocky loves cars. He got all of the characters from the movie at Disneyland as his souvenir and for weeks after all I would hear him playing was Cars. I found him in his closet one day happily playing. 


He turned three on December 10. We celebrated with donuts. He is a handsome boy.





This is Rocky's birthday interview. 

  • What is your favorite food? - Cookies 
  • What is your favorite color? - Blue 
  • What is your favorite movie? - Race car, Lighting Mcqueen! 
  • What is you favorite thing to do? - Video Games! (Dad got a Nintendo 64 and he love to just watch him play) 
  • What is your favorite book? - Nemo (A seek and find book) 
  • Where is your favorite place to eat? - Taco Bell 
  • Who is your best friend? - Daisy ❤️ 
  • Where is your favorite place to go? - Grandma's 




He still loves to snuggle which is a good thing because I do too! He is still a good snuggling size too. He fits perfectly on my lap. We snuggle most everyday. Ignore my creepy face in this picture.

Rocky got to start Sunbeams this year. It is amazing the difference between Daisy and Rocky. Daisy was so ready and potty trained. Rockwell not so much. I kind of feel like he is getting gypped a little bit on his toy time because of his late birthday. If he had been born only a few weeks later, it would have been a whole other year of nursery. Oh well! He has been going for a few weeks now, and I think he is growing into his new title of Sunbeam.
  




As you can see, he wasn't too excited.

Can I repeat how much Rocky loves Daisy. He looks up to her and loves to do everything she is. This picture makes my heart happy.




I took Rocky to reading time a few weeks ago at the library. The look on his face perfectly captures childhood to me. I love it.


Rocky steals my phone a lot. He doesn't know how to open it, but he can open the camera. I find a many photos like this one. The view from Rockwell's world.


Rocky has a lot of girls cousins. He loves the though and they seems to love him back.


Last week Rocky was sick. He had a fever and was feeling kind of punk. In the afternoon one day, Daisy tucked him in on the couch so she could dance with and audience, and he fell asleep. You know my kids aren't feeling well when they fall asleep somewhere that wasn't there bed.


Rocky is a bit mischievous. He spits a lot and asks to go into time out (he has learned that time out is the nicer of my punishments, so he has started to request it when he know he has been naughty). He likes to have fun and play. I catch him playing in my pantry all the time. For some reason the cans must seems to make good toys to him. He likes to tease Daisy and it kind of infuriates her sometimes. He sneaks in to bed with me and requests milk all day. He is a picky eater but will eat anything if tricked to. The other day he gagged down some broccoli, and I told him he could spit it out if it was going to make him puke; He refused to spit it out, swallowed and was very proud of himself. He is also talking so much! I love to hear his little mind make connections. A few weeks ago, we ordered pizza for dinner and while we were waiting he asked for cereal. I replied and said we were having "pizza, pizza" like the old little Cesar commercials, to which he replied and said, "cereal, cereal". It made me chuckle. Another time I was on the phone with my Mom, I hung up and Rocky asked me who it was. I told him it was Grandma to which he said with all the enthusiasm he could muster..."I love her!" It was too cute.

Rockwell makes me heart so happy. I am thankful for him everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment