Tuesday, March 7, 2023

It Has Been a While

I thought I would look at blogs this Sunday afternoon, when to my surprise, I  realized I haven't updated my blog since last July! And it looks like I am not the only one. Things come and go and I guess family blogs are one of those things. Unless you figure out how to make money doing a blog, but I don't think I have that ability.

Sunday afternoons used to be my favorite time of the week. A time to relax, read, listen to music, play the piano, visit people. Lately though, I don't enjoy them. I start to feel guilty that I am not using this time to "improve myself" by reading my scriptures or making cookies for a neighbor. I am usually looking at my phone. I like the time where I don't have to do a darn thing. To zone out. Then I feel guilty that this is what I want to be doing with my time.

Today, I am feeling the drain of adult life I guess. I am not complaining, just reflecting on the fact that I once had passions and time to pursue those passions. Now my family is my passion, but it can be a lot of long hours with little show of appreciation or progress in anyway. I am 6 months pregnant, which I am sure is 99% of the reason why I am feeling this way today. This is just a season of my life, but like a lot of young mothers sometimes your identity seems to get swallowed up in the creation, love, and upkeep of little people. I wouldn't trade it for a second! But there are times when I miss just being without someone needing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment